Hey Everyone! Just wanted to send a quick update....I got a promotion!!! I'm going out of sales and into operations. I'll be taking over the Customer Service Division at our distribution center in Mira Loma CA. No, I'm not moving, thank God. I'll stay in Pasadena and make the 40 minute commute east on the 210 Fwy.
One thing I've been lacking throught my 9 year career at Nestle is people management experience. One path was to become a retail sales manager supervising sales reps. The other was the role I chose, running customer service operations for all west coast retailers.
I'm sure the DISC and MBTI training will come in handy here. I'll have a staff of 6 with another 45 people reporting to them. I might have to reach out to some of you guys for advice. This is all very new to me!
This is a two year assignment, then I rotate back into sales. Nestle is doing more of these types of things....allowing people to get cross-functional experiences.
Wish me luck!
Christian
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Christian! You are making us proud. Managing people, especially those who manage others is the great challenge of middle management, and I'm sure you are up to the challenge. Peace
Post a Comment