
Thanks to Kevin for setting up this blog. I'm excited to be adding to it. At graduation, we did not get to formally present our gift to Prof. Hill, but I did deliver it to him as everyone was leaving. Here is a picture of the book that he received so you can all get a feel for its age. His words to me were "This is for me, I get to keep it?!?" He was thrilled that we remembered that he loved military history. The book "Military & Naval History of the Rebellion" was published in 1865. The author is W.J. Tenney, and was published the year that President Lincoln was assassinated and the year the Civil War (The Rebellion) ended. I wish I could have copied every page, but just didn't have the opportunity. I have a few other scanned images from the book if anyone is interested. Thanks again to everyone for the marvelous experience at USC.
1 comment:
Wow Miguel! That's really cool. Glad that Prof. Hill like it and thanks for doing that.
Kevin
Post a Comment